Admission can be sought as per the rules and regulations of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5 and following rules will be observed:
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- A Candidate seeking admission to the 1st year of B.A. /B.Sc. /B.Com. (Pass) must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination or a Board/University with pass in four subjects including English.
- He /She should not have attained the age of 23/25 years on July 1st 2011 for admission to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.-1.The Vice -Chancellor may in exceptional circumstances (to be recorded in writing) permit relaxation in age up to maximum period of three months. Such overage candidates will have to submit a declaration as given in Annexure-1.However a relaxation of three years in this age limit is available to the candidates belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled Tribe.
- Minimum percentage of marks obtained required for admission is as follows:
- B.A. 33%
- B.Sc. 45%
- B.Com 40% for those who have passed examination under commerce Group at +2 level.
33% for girl students only
- A candidate seeking admission to B.Sc.-I must have passed the relevant science subjects (Medical or Non-medical) at 10+2 stage.
- A candidate seeking admission to B.Com.-I must have passed mathematics/Economics as elective subjects at 10+2 level.
- Twice failed in a class in one course/faculty will not be readmitted to the same class/course and thrice failed in same class will not be readmitted to the college.
- If a student has a gap of one year or more in studies he/she will have to submit an affidavit duly attested by the competent authority, as a proof of his/her activities during the period of gap.
- All candidates getting (result late) RL or (candidate suspended) CS must also apply for provisional admission in the same class on the due dates. They shall be admitted provisionally, if he/she fails to get the admission regularized the Admission will stand cancelled automatically and no refund of the dues paid will be made. Admission under this clause will be subject to provisions of eligibility conditions as notified by the University.
- Students having compartment in 10+2 examination may not be considered for admission in B.Sc.-I and B.Com.-I, for such compartment candidates (if considered) 33% marks (theory & practical) be added in compartment paper in order to decide the eligibility of candidate for provisional admission in B.Sc. / B.Com-Ist year.
- All admission are provisional till confirmed/approved by the University and the college will assume no responsibility in case the admission of a student is not approved by the University for any reason, whatsoever including that of equivalence.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE ADMISSION FORM
- Photostat (Attested) copies of School Board/University Certificates from Matriculation onwards.
- Original copy of the character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- The candidate who has passed previous examination from another University/Board must submit:
- Eligibility Certificate from H.P. University /Board declaring equivalence.
- Migration Certificate from Board/University from which they have passed the previous Examination (photo copies).
- Detailed Marks Sheet.
- Admission without these documents will be purely provisional and at the candidates own risk and responsibility and the Principal's discretion.
- Three copies of passport size photograph and one copy of stamp size photograph.
- S.C./S.T. Certificates from the Magistrate (first class) for those seeking weight age or relaxation.
- All original certificates, marks sheets must be produced at the time of admission/ interview
- For admission to the Ist year the candidate must submit duly filled registration/enrolment from along with attested photocopies of Matriculation and 10+2 class certificates.
- All girl candidates have to submit a copy of Bonafide Himachal Certificate to avail the benefit of relaxation from tuition fee as per government notification number E.D.N.-H(8)3(7)1/76 dated 29-6-2001.
- Students seeking admission in first year must submit two copies each of matriculation and 10+2 certificate.